Sunday, January 27, 2013

YRMC

Well today was eventful.. as most of you know I was shipped off to the hospital again in the ambulance. Probably the most fun ride to the hospital as one can have. Very painful at the same time. I felt every single bump in the road(That darn ambulance suspension). I can't tell you the amounts of pain that would shoot through my spine as we did. And as we were on the worlds bumpiest road the EMT was trying to administer my IV... thanks to the 6 I had in the hospital two weeks ago, my veins weren't exactly cooperative. It was all in vein...... haha see what I did there? lol! Anyways it took 3 tries until they got a successful line in. Then they had to take my blood on the same very bumpy road. They said that wasn't cooperating either... I told them I had none left after I left the hospital 2 weeks ago. They laughed at me and said they could tell. Anyways... I didn't have to take the ambulance but my Dad had called my Uncle Bruce for advice which he had said it would be best to call 911 and let the ambulance take my vitals and then take me to the hospital from there so that I wouldn't have to wait in the ER infected waiting room for hours in extreme amounts of pain. Oh I guess I should explain why I was in pain in the first place (besides the fact that my whole spine was basically fused two weeks ago) Friday morning I had a blackout issue while Raquel was changing my dressing so we started to monitor my blood pressure. It was pretty low but not OMG low... My pain levels were still pretty high and so I talked to my good friend Bunni who has gone through all of this before. She told me to call Sonoran Spine and talk to the on call Dr. to see if there was anything I could do to help with my pain since its continued to be persistently pretty bad.. I was prescribed a couple more meds which my dad picked up first thing saturday morning. I took my regular meds with one of the new ones and just felt like junk the rest of the day Sooo we called Sonoran Spine again and talked to the on call dr. and he ordered me to stop taking all my meds due to my blood pressure... I think at that point it was 84 over 65 so all he said I could have was tylenol. Tylenol!! Well no surprise... rough night with tons and tons of pain! We kept monitoring my blood pressure all through the night and the highest it got to was 91 over 70.. so I called again this morning to see if there was any way I could resume taking my pain killers cause the pain was literally killer!! Again this morning it was at 84 over 65 and the doctor said I had to go to the emergency room. At that point I lost all emotional composure and just sobbed into the phone and the dr. yelled at me because he couldn't understand or hear me and to just go to the ER. Bad bedside manner that dr. Ive been mad at him since yesterday. So since my parentals were at church I asked Jeni to come and take me to the ER and she came over right away. Jeni and Chuck are like my second parents. They were so loving and gentle with me today and jeni just let me cry as she hugged me which felt good. Then she tried to talk some sense into the dr. that yelled at me and he didn't give her the time of day and told us we just needed to go to the ER. So we set off to the ER even though none of us wanted to... when my dad called and told us about uncle bruce saying it would be better to call 911 and do the whole ambulance thing. Lucky thing we had barely just left and promptly turned around. We pulled up the driveway and already heard sirens... My uncle Bruce has a lot of pull when it comes to the fire department and ambulance services even though he is retired fire chief. :)  I am so thankful!!! Sooo my room was swarmed with firefighters and then the EMTs... my blood pressure wasn't that bad at this point... pretty normal actually but I still needed to go to the hospital so I could be evaluated so that I could take my medication again. And I already told you about the ambulance ride so onto the hospital stay... It was nice... I really really needed to pee once we got there and luckily there was a toilet right in the room and the morphine had already kicked in pretty good. There were two nurses in the room with me while I did my business and maybe this is too much information but I could not stop peeing! I felt like I was peeeing for the worlds longest time and so I just started to laugh cause I couldn't stop peeing and both nurses were waiting on me. I just laughed and laughed and they must have thought I was crazy for sitting there peeing laughing and saying sorry over and over again because really I peeeed for sooooooo long!!!! It reminded me of dumb and dumber and how Lloyd peed in the beer bottles forever long!! I still think it is so funny but they gave me the good drugs so that could be why haha!! I am not sure if any of this actually makes sense cause I am so drugged at the moment! Raquel told me she could really tell I was in pain this morning because she said I was like a pregnant woman in labor since I was so mean to her on the phone when I was upset about having to go to the hospital. I forget what I was trying to concentrate on at the moment but it was something important I am sure and had no patience to explain to raquel what was going on... So I am sorry my dear sister.. I really was in so much pain and did not mean to be so mean!! I think I snapped at baby Susan also.. I apologize to you also!! Anyways the hospital fixed me up real good. Gave me better drugs and I have a UTI... my first one ever... I think from the catheter at the hospital. Sorry if thats a lot of info for you all... So as much as I didn't want to go to the hospital today I guess its good I did. I have new antibiotics and really think my blood pressure is now finally under control... I am not allowed to take valium anymore though. Hopefully with the new medicine it won't even be necessary! But I think I have had all I can handle today and must put this book to an end... Just a lot happened today and dont want any of you to worry.. I am home and now back on track to recovery!! And I can shower without glad press and seal now... very excited!!! Thank you everyone for thinking of me today and all the prayers!! I love you all!!!
love,
Candice

P.s. Andy wanted me to let you know something.... but i already forgot.. he said he was trying to heal me with laughter but it hurts to laugh. But he did lift my spirits... or maybe its just the drugs! Oh well thank you andy!! hahaha!
and I am pretty sure I am gonna look like some kind of drug addict with all the needle marks in my arms... My veins have had enough!!!! 







Thank you so much cousin Angie!!! I loved my coffee! It was amazing! First thing I consumed today and it was like heaven!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment