Sunday, January 6, 2013

5 Days!!

Hey Everyone!!
I know I have been missing for a while... But I am making a comeback!!! I really am not sure how to do this whole blog thing. You will all have to be patient with me. Sooooooo I have 5 Days until I have my surgery!! For those of you who do not know... I have a 54 degree curvature in my upper spine and a 33 degree curvature in my lower spine. We have tried to stay away from surgery as long as we could, but now have reached a point where I can't even remember the last time I was without pain. My parents and I have decided that it is not a fair way to live and started the process of learning all we could about the procedure before I made any decisions. Thanks to a good friend of mine, I was referred to a great doctor who I have full confidence in. (Thank you Bunni!!) Sonoran Spine has been wonderful!! I will post a video of a demonstration of the surgery for you to see. Don't worry.. its just an animation!! I think it is pretty neat!! I will be made of titanium!! That way I won't have to worry about that darn airport security!! I would really appreciate any and all prayers!! I have a long road ahead of me, but am determined to recover as quickly as possible!! If any of you want to come over and take one of my required daily walks with me just shoot me a text or call me... maybe?
I will be posting in here as often as I can... and posting lots of pictures! I hope none of you have a weak stomach!! lol! Just kidding.. they wont be that bad! So again, please send some prayers my way! I sure do need them!! I would also like to thank all of you who have been so supportive already!! It means so much to me and makes this whole thing so much easier and less scary to go through!! So really, thank you so much!!
Love,
Candice


Here is the link to the Video! Check it out!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztg7hzVgQrw 

And this is an X-ray of my spine. I think its gross lol!! 


3 comments:

  1. I know you'll make a speedy recovery because you and I have some traveling to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will be running in no time! And you will probably be like 6 foot tall too! Watch out Kobe there is a little Mexican coming for your NBA spot! In all seriousness all my best wishes and prayers! I know you will have a speedy recovery! Ill go on a walk with you, but Instead we should run to speed things through a bit! Don't hesitate to shoot me a text if you need anything little one! Or maybe if you feel like getting in a quick football match or perhaps a weight lifting competition! You could probably beat me I lift like 10 lbs maybe 20 on a good day. I also hope you get super powers from your titanium! Maybe you will be like justice girl or something and maybe they could install rocket boosters too for you!

    Jared

    ReplyDelete