Thursday, January 10, 2013

The road to here

Hey everyone! :-) I am currently taking care of all those last minute things I will need before my surgery in just 28 hours! So much to do and time is running out!! I'll get it all done though! :-) I can't help but think back to 5th grade and how I was the only one who went home with a letter the day we had scoliosis checks! I had no idea of the road I was about to embark on. When I first saw an orthopedic doctor my curvature was at 34 degrees. I was ordered to wear a hard plaster brace for 16 hours a day for a year. Oh that brace! I am sure my parents had as much of a headache from that darn thing as I did! Lol! (I sure did complain!) So after my year of what I felt like torture... I went back to the doctor and was told my curvature was now 45 degrees and they would like me to have surgery then. My parents decided it would best to look into other options. I received lots of chiropractic care. I also saw a massage therapist named Carlos.. He was amazing! But I would always complain how much he would hurt me! But I am sure I was his favorite! I would always feel much better after seeing him! It's too bad I can't afford to always see him. As for chiropractic care... For someone with scoliosis it is as if you are doing nothing for yourself at all. I wish we had known that before... I feel I wasted so much time and money on chiropractic care... my parents too! My chiropractor told us she could help stop my curve from progressing.... And here I am at 54 degrees. Lol! It's okay though... I am so glad I have waited until now. I found a great doctor and feel this procedure has come a long way from where it was when my first doctor wanted me to have this surgery. I am so excited that I will soon know what it's like to live pain free! No more back pain! Hip pain! Shoulder pain! numb arms! Headaches! It's exciting! My doctor says I will be fully recovered and can do whatever I would like in a year... We will see about that! :-)
I went to my last appointment before surgery on Friday... My appointment was with Claire.... Dr Crandall's PA :-) she is always so nice! First thing she told me was that I can't lift more than 5 pounds for 6 weeks? I think that's what she said haha but then she told me that a gallon of milk is 8 pounds! Something that I never thought about. I am so sad that I won't be able to pick up my adorable new nephews! They will just have to lay next to me I guess! :-)) she also told me I won't be able to bend for 20 weeks! I have been trying to see what I can do without bending... I am sure going to have difficulty with this one. 20 weeks!! Ahhhh! I still need to get a grabber.. I asked if I could get one of those shark grabber things... She said it wouldn't be strong enough to lift even socks! Lol! So I'll find a good one! Thanks to my cousin krysta I got a pretty sweet walker... Which I must send my apologies dear cousin. I have bedazzled your walker.. It wasn't supposed to be as decked out as it is... But yes.. It is very bedazzled and uhh pink! Should you want it back I will make sure to take off all that junk! Haha! I'm sorry!! But must admit it will turn heads when I am taking my required daily walks! So I hope you don't mind! On that note... I will post pictures of my walker and then try and go to sleep!! I have lots to do in the morning and I'm sure you have all had enough of my ramblings! Goodnight everyone!! Love you guys!!
Love,
Candice

Ps. I may start a walker bedazzling company. If you know anyone that wants one send them my way hahaha!

Also... I am posting so many pictures of my walker because it will change with my mood... I think my favorite mood will be pirate! Lol! :-) and thank you Nick for helping me make my walker the way it is... Krysta.. You can blame him! Haha jk

At Hobby Lobby getting stuff for the bedazzling... haha 










No comments:

Post a Comment