Sunday, February 10, 2013

4 weeks down 16 to go!!

Hey everyone!! I am so sorry it has taken me a while to update you all!! I have been getting lots of texts, messages, calls, and even letters asking how I am doing since I haven't been updating. Well.... since my last blog post I have been to the doctor here in town to make sure I no longer have any infections... she adjusted my meds to see if that would help with my stomach issues. Unfortunately thats still one of my main struggles. I can't even begin to tell you how tired I am of throwing up! Every time it happens I can't help but get super down. It really has taken its toll on my body and is making me miserable. I really wish that all these drugs were no longer necessary and that I could go without them but I still am not there unfortunately. Each time I take a new dosage of prescriptions I can't help but wonder why anyone would willingly want to abuse these drugs. They make me feel absolutely terrible. Maybe they make you feel different when you are not taking them for pain but I still can't imagine why anyone would really want to take them to get high. Something I will never know I guess. Anyways.. friday marked the 4th week after surgery! Its unbelievable! I thought I would be making a whole lot more progress by now. I still have 16 more weeks to go before I can bend and twist again. I thought 4 weeks took forever to get to... lets hope 16 will somehow fly by!! I no longer have to wear a bandage over my incision... I sometimes still wear it to make my back itch a little less when my clothes rub against it. I really want someone to come and scratch my back all over the place!! If only!! My actual incision apparently looks really good. I still think it looks yuck!! We clean it with a cotton ball soaked in alcohol and its still so strange to me that I can only feel the cool sensation in just a couple spots... the rest of my back is still numb. I wonder how long that will last for. I am still getting used to snoozing on my back... I hate all this constant discomfort! Makes it hard to sleep through the night! I have the craziest sleep schedule! All these drugs still make me randomly sleep throughout the day no matter how hard I try and fight the urge to sleep. I seem to be sleeping more than before so maybe that is a sign that I am finally starting to heal!!
I wrote most of this yesterday and today is officially one month since my surgery. I was struggling to stay awake to finish this yesterday but really was not in any kind of mood to do so. This past week I have been shown such gracious love from people I expected... People I would never expect and I can't tell you how helpful it is to be shown such care and concern when you need it the most. I have also surprisingly been more than disappointed by a few that I would never expect. On that note thank you everyone who has faithfully stuck by my side and demonstrated such love, care, and concern. I can't begin to tell you all how much it means to me. Today I am still struggling and really appreciate any continued prayers. I have lost way too much weight and am beginning to kind of worry with my lack of appetite and how much I have to actually force myself to eat. I miss food and wish I could actually enjoy a meal sometime soon! I also need to start walking more so any of you that would like to come take a walk with me just let me know! Speaking of... I think I better get up and try and move. I love you all and will be better at updating my blog from here on out.
love,
Candice


My prescription bags are adding up! I really look like a druggie. Hah



I was shocked to see this number! Makes me feel super loved to have everyone checking in on me so often!







My one walk I took outside this week. I mostly have to do laps around the downstairs to get my required walking in. I am not anywhere close to half a mile each day. Whoops.


And my darn blood pressure is still being a pain! Hopefully we get a handle on things soon! All the pictures I have for now. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment