Thursday, March 7, 2013

A New Day


The above video is me standing for the first time after my surgery! I cannot believe I have made it to march! I feel like January 11th was such a long time ago!! I wish the time would move a little quicker!! I am so ready to be done with this recovery! I am having a good week! No major set backs...yet! I often have to remind myself of what I have been through and remember that I must give my body the time it needs to recover. I can't help the frustration when I feel as though I take one step forward and then very quickly sometimes take two steps right back! I very much hope that I can continue to move forward and that the easier end of this recovery is here. I am still in constant pain... but I think I can manage for the most part and try to go without my medication as much as I can. Even though I end up caving to the pain after a while. I just hate the way these darn prescriptions make me feel. At this point it's kind of a lose lose situation.... I take the drugs and it makes me sick but helps with the pain or I just deal with the pain as best I can till I can't, and take my prescriptions anyways! Lol! So annoying! I would rather be in pain!! Plus when I don't take my prescriptions... I can DRIVE!! I know... I know... I was scared at first also!!! You don't really need very much mobility to drive so its not that scary at all. Plus I have super sweet front row parking everywhere I go thanks to my handicap parking pass thing! I will be taking full advantage of it!! :-D I've only ventured off on my own a couple times... but its a start!! I cannot explain how annoying it is to always be stuck at home mostly doing nothing!! Going anywhere is always kind of a big production for me. Even when I am going with other people! Now that I think of it... everything is now difficult to do.. for now anyways. I had to modify everything I do from washing my face and brushing my chompers... down to getting dressed as well. I rarely make it up the stairs at my house because it is so much work!! I am getting better at it though.  I still am struggling to walk 2 miles everyday. Hopefully that will soon be an easier task! I know that walking and being active will help me  and so I just gotta do it!! No pain.. No gain!!
I hope all who reads this is in good health and happy spirits!! Thank you so much for checking in on me!! I keep making it to a new day... I feel so blessed to have so many of you in my lives cheering me on and showing such great support! I think this recovery would be much more difficult without it!!
Love,
Candice :)

Yesterday I was lucky enough to catch a ride with friends from work to attend the In-n-Out Softball tournament!! I even made special decorations for my walker! lol :) I wish I would have taken more pictures!! I am so glad I got to see everyone!! Such a fun day!! So much fun that I passed out at 9 last night and didn't wake up till 8:30 this morning! Thats a ton of sleep for me!! :-)
















Hah! My cheeks are stuffed with sammich in this picture... I feel like I look like a chipmunk... actually I think my cheeks might just be fat!! Lol! 





I made these to go on my walker the other night! Had to cheer for 184 AND 155!! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment